Application and Course Content
Application process & entry requirements:
Full details are available on the university website for each programme. A synopsis is included below.
- A minimum of a UK 2:2 honours degree or recognised equivalent qualification depending on your chosen specialism, is required. All successful applicants must have met this requirement by 31 August 2019.
- GCSE grade 4 (or Grade C) or above in English Language and Mathematics or recognised equivalent qualifications.
- If potential applicants fall outside of these requirements they should speak to the alliance or university for further guidance. At the GLA, we are happy to guide and advise you through any entry requirements queries that you may have. Please contact Catherine Duncan on: 01484 868777, or Catherine.Duncan@shelleycollege.org.
- Successful completion of the QTS skills test in literacy and numeracy before the start of the course.
Our current Secondary ITT programme (with QTS) runs in partnership with the University of Cumbria. For the year 2019/20 our Higher Education provider partner will be the University of Huddersfield.
Teacher training sessions, workshops & "on the job" classroom experience take place in our partner schools in West Yorkshire, where successful applicants are trained, supported and guided by experienced & commited teachers, school leaders & mentors. Trainees will also recieve specialist guidance and support from UoC staff.
- Training takes place throughout the programme (September - June)
- Placement 1 - September to December
- Placement 2 - January to June
Please contact the GLA for our secondary programme details.